As a dog lover, nothing is more painful than watching your once highly active dog slowing down and becoming less mobile due to joint problems. Our canine friends are just like people, as they age, their joint health also starts to decline. This makes it particularly important for pet owners to provide their dog with a MSM supplement.
MSM or methylsulfonylmethane is an organic sulfur compound that's well known for its anti-inflammatory and pain-reducing properties, making it effective in helping dogs with joint problems.
Although there are many MSM products available on the market, finding the best MSM supplements for dogs can seem challenging if you don't know what to look for. You will most probably be overwhelmed with the abundance of the choices that are available.
To help you out, we've conducted a research on the top 10 best MSM supplements for dogs. At the end of this comprehensive reviews and guide, you'll have an idea of which product best suits your dog's need.
Table of Contents
- MSM Supplements Comparison Chart
- MSM SUPPLEMENT BUYING GUIDE
- Top 10 Best MSM Supplement For dogs
- 1. Nutramax Cosequin DS Plus with MSM Chewable Tablets
- 2. Nutramax Dasuquin With MSM Chewables
- 3. Genuine Naturals™ Glucosamine Chondroitin, MSM, Organic Turmeric Soft Chews
- 4. Doggie Dailies Glucosamine for Dogs
- 5. TerraMax Pro Best Hip and Joint Supplement for Dogs
- 6. Pure Paw Nutrition Premium Liquid Glucosamine
- 7. Infinite All-Natural Hip & Joint Supplement for Dogs
- 8. GlycoFlex 3 Hip and Joint Support for Dogs
- 9. Health Solutions Joint MAX Triple Strength Soft Chews
- 10. Zesty Paws Hip & Joint Mobility Bites
- What can MSM Do For Your Dog?
- Do All Dogs Need MSM?
- Is MSM Safe For Dogs?
MSM Supplements Comparison Chart
|Image||Product Name||Star Rating||Formulation||Price|
|1||Nutramax Cosequin DS Plus||4.5 stars||Chewable Tablets||
|2||Nutramax Dasuquin||4.5 stars||Chewable Tablets||
|3||Genuine Naturals||4.3 stars||Soft Chews||
|4||Doggie Dailies||4.4 stars||Soft Chews||
|5||TerraMax Pro||4.5 Stars||Liquid Formulation||
|6||Pure Paw||4.4 Stars||Liquid Formulation||
|7||Infinite||4.2 Stars||Chewable Treats||
|8||GlycoFlex 3||4.4 Stars||Bite Sized Chews||
|9||Joint Max||4.5 Stars||Soft Chews||
|10||Zesty Paws||4.7 Stars||Soft Chews||
MSM SUPPLEMENT BUYING GUIDE
No doubt it's troublesome to select a good MSM supplement when the market is overloaded with multiple brands. But consideration of the few parameters can overcome the selection problem. You can evaluate MSM supplement against some criteria that suits you the best. I believe the points below are significant for selecting the best MSM supplement for dogs:
- Type of MSM Supplement
- Other reviews
The price of MSM supplements can vary from one brand to another. Keep in mind that an expensive product doesn't always mean it's a superior product and the low or affordable one also doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad product.
Price doesn't always determine the quality of a product. It would not be wise to choose a supplement only because it's low price or expensive. My recommendation is to always do your research and compare products side by side to help you find the best supplement for your dog.
The quantity is also important when choosing a supplement. However, it becomes even more important when you have a large dog. With a large dog, the amount of supplement they need also increases. So as a dog owner, you would want to look into buying a supplement that is specifically designed for large dogs.
With most dog supplement, you would have to give multiple chews or tablets to reach the right dosage for large dogs. However, some products such as Dasuguin would only require you to administer one tablet to your dog per day, unless your veterinarian recommends more or your dog is in the loading period. Dasuguin's easy dosing makes it convenient for you and your dog.
For smaller dogs, you don't need to buy a larger quantity. However, if you do, you will be able to save money in the long run. One disadvantage to this is that sometimes the chews or the tablets may become dry and hard due to constant exposure to air.
Only the price and quantity are not sufficient for a wise and preferable selection. Do you agree me that some other features are also important for selection?
I believe you agree with me!
The flavor of the supplement is also another important attribute to consider. There is no point of getting a product that has the right price and the quantity if the taste of the supplement is not appealing to your furry friend. This is especially important if your pooch is a picker eater. Some MSM supplements are flavored with bacon, chicken, beef, duck, and other flavors while other are not. Be sure to choose the flavor your dog will love if they are a fussy eater.
4. Type of MSM Supplement
MSM supplements come in several different forms. They are tablets, chews, liquids, power or crystals.
- Tablets - One of the most common challenges about giving your dog tablet is the difficulty of getting your dog to swallow it. Additionally, the process of making tablets also involves adding binders and fillers to compress the active ingredients and prevent them from loosening. The problem with that is this can significantly impact the amount of ingredients absorbed by the body. If you prefer to give your dog tablets, you can wrap the tablet with their favorite food to hide it. This will make it easy for them to swallow.
- Chews - Chews make it easy for you to administer the supplement to your dog. Some companies even make the chews shaped like regular dog treats, making them easier and attractive for your pets.
- Liquids - The liquid form is often the most preferred type of supplement as the ingredients are easily and quickly absorbed by your dog's body. Some manufactures even have their products in pump dispensers, making dosing super easy. You don't even have to measure the dose, you simply squirt the solution over food, then mix and serve it to your dog.
- Powders or crystals - These are excellent choices for dog owners who don't like to work with tablets, chews, or liquid. Powers and crystals can easily be dissolved in your pet's drinks. The powder can also be mixed with your dog's favorite food.
5. Other Reviews
Aside from the price, quantity, flavor, and the type of MSM supplement, you also want to check out how many other people have purchased the MSM supplement you are looking for. If the reviews are mostly positive, the product is likely a good product, but that’s not always a guarantee.
If the reviews are negative or only a couple of people have tried it out, it doesn’t necessarily mean it’s a terrible product and you should avoid it altogether. You might want to order one and give it a test run. You never know when you might find the perfect hidden gem of a MSM supplement. Always keep in mind that every dog is different and results may vary.
Top 10 Best MSM Supplement For dogs
1. Nutramax Cosequin DS Plus with MSM Chewable Tablets
Cosequin is a patented and scientifically researched nutritional supplement highly recommended by many veterinarians to help dogs improve joint health. Nutramax cosequin DS (double strength) Plus with MSM is one of the most trusted dog supplements on the market. It's highly recommended primarily for its powerful ingredients that are known to provide maximum strength to help maintain your dog's joint function, support healthy cartilage production, and protect existing cartilage from breaking down.
The combination ingredients of glucosamin, chondroitin, and MSM make Nutramax Cosequin a powerful product to help improve your dog's joint health, maintain fluid and flexibility in the joints, and reduce inflammation and pain associated with arthritis and other joint problems. So your dog can move more freely and stay happy.
Nutramax cosequin DS supplement contains 600 mg of glucosamine, 300 mg of chondroitin, and 250 mg of MSM. The MSM in the product helps enhance the effectiveness of the glucosamine to provide greater pain relief. MSM also plays an important role as an antioxidant in helping to maintain healthy cells.
You will love that this product is suitable for dogs of any breed, size and age. If you have small dogs under 15 pounds, you can easily split the tablet in half. If you have larger dogs, you simply give them 2 or 3 chews according to their weight.
Currently, Nutramax Cosequin supplement is available in 132 or 250 tasty chewable tablets. They have a great meaty flavor that your dog will enjoy and you can give them like treats. This makes it easier for you to administer if your dog dislikes the taste of other joint supplements. With Nutramax, the tablets will stay in your dog's body and not on your floors.
If you have smaller dogs, I recommend you get the 132 tablet bottle and one bottle goes a long way. If you have a large breed, getting the 250 tablets is definitely a much better value for your money.
As you can see there are a lot of things to like about this supplement. Many dog parents are extremely happy with the difference this product has made to their dog's joint issues. In fact, there are almost 3,900 reviews on Amazon and many are overwhelmingly positive. If you want to see what other happy dog parents are saying about this product, click below to learn more:
Amazon's Customer Ratings: 4.5 stars (3,316 Customer Reviews)
- Recommended by most veterinary
- Great for dogs of any age and size
- Tasty flavor, great for picky eaters
- Maximum strength to support dog's joint health
- Tasty chewable tablet makes it easy for dogs to take
- One bottle goes a long way for smaller dogs
- Reports of improvement in a couple of weeks
- High level of joint-friendly ingredients per tablet, higher than most other brands
- A little more expensive than other brands
- Contains artificial flavors
- Reports of causing diarrhea and gas problems
- Complaints of some dogs not liking the flavor
2. Nutramax Dasuquin With MSM Chewables
Dasuguin is another product made by NUTRAMAX. One major difference between Dasuguin and Cosequin is that Dasuguin has a greater amount of anti-arthritic properties, making it one of the best joint supplements for dogs. The reason it's in the second place on the best MSM supplements for dogs is because Dasuguin is well known for being potent and fast-acting, hence why it’s often recommended by veterinarians.
If you have a large dog, you need a larger dose of joint supplement for an all-round joint support for your dog. Nutramax Dasuquin is a great choice that's ideal for dogs over 60 pounds. It's formulated with MSM, a sulfur-containing compound used by cartilage to effectively reduce inflammation and pain and other symptoms associated with arthritis.
Besides MSM, Dasuquin is also formulated with glucosamine, low molecular weight chondroitin, and avocado/soybean unsaponifiables, or ASU. AUS is believed to prevent the rapid deterioration of your dog's articular health and promote optimum mobility and overall quality of canine life. This make Dasuquin one of the most trusted brands joint supplement for dogs on the market today.
This product is made in the USA. It comes with soft chews, making it easy to administer and also easily digestible by your dog so they can experience a quicker pain relief.
Dasuquin is available in 150 or 84 chewable tablets. With most dog supplements, you would need multiple chews or tablets to reach the right dosage for large dogs. Well, that wouldn't be the case with with this supplement. You will love that it comes with a very easy dosing. You would only need to administer one tablet to your dog per day, unless your veterinarian recommends more or if your dog is in the initial 4-6 weeks loading period.
Nutramax Dasuquin has over three thousand reviews on Amazon and majority of dog owners have left positive feedback. If your dog is suffering from joint problem and have tried everything imaginable with no success, this may be the supplement your dog needs. Click below to see what other users are saying about this Dasuquin:
Amazon's Customer Ratings: 4.5 stars (3,184 Customer Reviews)
- Popular choice for large breeds
- Provides complete joint health brand for dogs
- Chewable tablet makes it easy to give
- Enriched with avocado/soybean Unsaponifiables power
- Formulated from more than 10 years of clinical use and research
- Made in USA
- Great for dogs with severe arthritis and hip dysplasia
- More expensive in comparison to other brands
- Reports of the chews being dry and hard
- Reports of flavor not appealing to dogs, particularly fussy dogs
3. Genuine Naturals™ Glucosamine Chondroitin, MSM, Organic Turmeric Soft Chews
As a dog owner, you know as your dog begins to age, the level of glucosamine and MSM also start to decrease. This can lead to arthritis and other joint problems causing your dog to slow down. If your dog is having joint pain, then you need to get some glucosamine and MSM in order for them to get better.
Genuine Naturals is another great product that supports healthy joint function, reduces pain, and eases stress on hips in dogs. It's packed with premium natural ingredients containing glucosamine, MSM, chondroitin, organic turmeric, dried yucca, and other natural ingredients.
Turmeric is an ancient natural remedy for joint problems. It contains a compound called curcumin which helps to reduce inflammation and alleviate pain. Yucca has also been used for centuries in traditional Native American medicine to help promote joint health. The combination of these natural ingredients make Genuine Naturals a powerful and effective supplement for your dog.
This supplement contains no harmful chemicals and it's sourced and manufactured in the USA in an USDA facility. So you can rest assured that you're getting a product with premium natural ingredients that your dog will love taking and benefiting from. Since it's all natural, you also don't have to worry about unpleasant side effects like NSAIDs which only relieves pain temporarily without treating the root cause.
If your dog is a picky eater or if your dog doesn't like the flavor of other supplements, your dog will enjoy this tasty, sugar cube sized chews. The chews are also soft and this makes it an excellent choice if your dog dislikes tablets.
This is another great product for dogs of any breed, age and size. For large dogs, one container of 120 counts will last them for a month. For medium dogs, it will last for 2 month. And for small dogs, this supplement will last for 4 months. Genuine Naturals can bring life, energy, and mobility back into your dog if taken consistently.
Another thing to love about this product is that it offers 30 day money back guarantee. So you have nothing to lose if your dog ends up not liking it.
Currently, there are over 290 reviews on Amazon and almost all are positive. If you want to see what other canine parents are saying about Genuine Naturals, click the red button below to learn more:
Amazon's Customer Ratings: 4.3 stars (287 Customer Reviews)
- Offers 30 day money back guarantee
- Alleviates hip and joint pain
- Reduces swelling and tenderness
- All natural ingredients
- GMO free
- No harmful chemicals or preservatives
- No artificial coloring or flavoring
- Made in USA in an USDA facility
- Comes with tasty treat sized soft chew
- Super soft chew makes it easy to administer and for dogs with minimal teeth
- Reports of seeing results in a couple of weeks
- Lower levels of Glucosamine, Chondroitin, MSM than other brands
- Reports of gastrointestinal upsets
- Complaints of chews having a strong smell
- Reports of some dogs not liking it (Every dog is different, some like it and some don't)
4. Doggie Dailies Glucosamine for Dogs
Arthritis or other forms of degenerative joint diseases are quite common in pets. Many dog owners know as their dog starts to advance in age, their joint health also declines. The good news is with a few chews of Doggies Dailies each day, you can easily help improve your dog's joint and hip health.
Aside from the powerful ingredients of glucosamine, chondroitin and msm, Doggie Dailies also contains two other important ingredients that many brands don't have. And that is Hyaluronic acid and CoQ10.
Hyaluronic acid aids in the production of synovial fluid which helps cushion and lubricate the joints, so the bones are less likely to grind against each other and cause pain. CoQ10 (Coenzyme Q10) has anti-inflammatory property known to alleviate symptoms of arthritis. These natural and powerful blends of ingredients make Doggie Dailies an excellent join supplement for dogs with mobility or joint problems.
This supplement not only promotes joint health, the combination of omega 3 & 6, vitamin C&E, salmon oil, and cod liver oil are also excellent at promoting skin and coat health. So you get one supplement that provides a whole lot of other benefits! This also means you don't have to spend money on additional supplements.
You will like that Doggie Dailies comes with soft chews, this is especially helpful for dogs with minimal teeth or for senior dogs. They can easily take the soft chews without much chewing efforts. These chews are loaded with vital vitamins, minerals, essential enzymes, and nutrients that your dog needs to promote their overall joint health. The chicken flavored chews also make it easier for you to give to your dog. Great for fussy eaters.
Doggie Dailies is also safe and effective for dogs of any breed, age, and size. For dog owners that own several different kinds of dogs, this supplement makes it easier for you since it's suitable for all dogs.
If that's not enough you'll also like that it comes with:
- You also get 2 bonus eBooks with the product. “The Top 20 Dog Health Problems and How to Avoid Them" and "Top Doggy Care Tips For A Happy, Healthy Dog”
- You also get a money back guarantee. If for any reason you are not satisfied with Doggie Dailies, you can contact them for a refund. So you don't waste money if your dog doesn't like the product.This is just another reason to give this product a try.
- The chews are made in the USA in an FDA registered factory and each batch is certified safe by an independent lab. You can rest assured that you are getting a great product that's safe for your beloved pet.
As you can see, there are many reasons to give Doggie Dailies a try. In fact, there are over 2,700 reviews on Amazon. If you want to see what other users are saying about this supplement, click below to learn more:
Amazon's Customer Ratings: 4.4 stars (2,746 Customer Reviews)
- Greater value for your money than most brands
- Addition of Hyaluronic acid and CoQ10 for greater joint benefit
- Reduces inflammation and lubricates joints
- Uses natural ingredients
- All-around support for joint, hip, heart, kidney, and skin
- Soft chews for an easy administration
- Chicken flavor chews great for picky eaters
- Many dogs think it's a treat which makes it easier to give
- Contains vital vitamins, minerals, essential enzymes, and nutrients
- Reports of gastrointestinal upsets
- Having to give multiples chews for large dogs
- Some dogs may not enjoy the chicken flavored chews
5. TerraMax Pro Best Hip and Joint Supplement for Dogs
It's hard to see your dog starting to slow down as he grows older, but with a few teaspoons a day of TerraMax Pro, you can easily change all that. TerraMax is a veterinarian recommended supplement that provides maximum arthritis pain relief and hip support for your dog.
If you are looking for a liquid formulation of glucosamin, chondroitin, and MSM, TerraMax pro supplement is the answer. The liquid formulation and the tasty formula make it convenient and easy for you to administer to your dog.
The liquid formulation also allows your dog's body to absorb more quickly and efficiently than pills, chews, or powder. This helps speed up the recovery process so your dog can stay active, happy and healthy.
TerraMax is formulated with 100% pure, safe and all natural ingredients to help maintain the health and resiliency of your dog's joints and connective tissues. It's also made in USA using only human grade ingredients. Some products are made with ingredients that are simply unhealthy for your dog, but you don't have to worry about that with TerraMax. The company goes above and beyond to ensure quality product. What you read on the label is what you are getting for your dog.
Not only will this product help improve your dog's joint function, it also helps with skin problems, stomach ailments, inflammation, wound healing, and incontinence. So you're getting a lot of bang for your buck!
TerraMax also contains a substantially higher concentrations of joint-friendly ingredients than other brands. Each liquid ounce consists of 1600 mg of Glucosamine Hcl, 1200 mg of Chondroitin Sulfate, and 1000 mg of Opti-MSM. So you are getting 62% more Glucosamine and 50% more Chondroitin than other formulas.
The MSM that comes with this product is Opti-MSM, which is the purest and only GRAS designated MSM. The higher concentrations of joint-friendly ingredients mean that your dog will be able to experience an instant pain relief so they can stay active much longer.
You'll also like that it comes with unconditional 100% Money-Back Guarantee so you don't waste your money if your pet doesn't like the product.
There are thousands of dogs that have experienced the amazing power of TerraMax Pro Hip and Joint Support, and now your dog can too! If you want to see what other happy dog owners are saying about TerraMax, click the button below to read more:
Amazon's Customer Ratings: 4.5 stars (1,321 Customer Reviews)
- Veterinarian recommended
- 100% pure, safe, and natural ingredients
- Uses best human grade ingredients
- Substantially higher concentrations of glucosamine and Chondroitin than other brands
- Liquid formulation for superior and faster results
- Tasty formula that your dog will love
- Offers a 100% money back guarantee
- Addition of Hyaluronic acid helps lubricate the joints
- Free of sugar, salt, starch, wheat, gluten, yeast, corn, milk or soy Derivatives.
- Reports of upset stomach and diarrhea
- Some dogs don't like the flavor
6. Pure Paw Nutrition Premium Liquid Glucosamine
Pure paw nutrition supplement is another liquid formula for dog's aching joints. Although Pure Paw and TerraMax are similar in terms of ingredients and formulation, they are also different in some ways. Unlike TerraMax, you get the supplement in a pump bottle with Pure Paw instead of a regular bottle that you pour to measure the dose.
The pump dispenser makes the administration a lot more convenient and easy. You don't need to measure the dose, you simply squirt the solution over food, then mix and serve. The convenient pump dispenser also means less accidental spills. This allows you to get the supplement to your dog and not accidentally spill it on your floor. So no messy floors to clean!
If your dog is in a lot of pain and other supplements take too long to work, Pure Paw may be the solution. The liquid formulation will provide your dog a quick pain relief. This is because liquid form of medicine is better absorbed in your dog's body over pills, powders, and chews.
Additionally, if your dog is a picky eater, they will like the Pure Paw's delicious bacon flavored liquid.
Just like the TerraMax, Pure Raw Nutrition also contains similar ingredients, but in a much higher levels. You get 1,600 mg of glucosamine sulfate, 1200mg of Chondroitin Sulfate, and 1500 mg of MSM per ounce. Your dog will not only get these joint-friendly ingredients, they will also get a natural blend of powerful anti-aging minerals and vitamins for a well-rounded solution.
Together, these ingredients will effectively help repair your dog's damaged joints and provide a long-term support to your dog’s bones and cartilage. You also don’t need to give your dog any extra pain medication or other supplement with Pure Paw, which will save you money on medical bills all year. This makes Pure Paw one of the most popular products for dogs due to its powerful composition.
In fact, this supplement has been rated by many dog owners as one of the safest and the most effective around, all you do after administering the supplement is to simply to wait for the amazing results. Click the button below to read other's success stories:
Amazon's Customer Ratings: 4.4 stars (313 Customer Reviews)
- Recommended by veterinarian
- Liquid formulation makes it easier to administer
- Comes in a convenient pump bottle for easy dosing
- Much higher levels of glucosamin, Chondroitin, and MSM than other brands
- Suitable for all breeds, small, medium, large, aging or young pets
- Grain-free, gluten-free, additive-free, filler-free
- Premium bacon flavored
- No refrigeration required
- Natural ingredients
- Human grade remedy, but made for pets
- Safe and effective Arthritis Pain Relief supplement
- Contains several vitamins and minerals so additional supplements may not be needed
- Reports of gastrointestinal upsets
- Reports of pets not liking the bacon flavor
- No money back guarantee
7. Infinite All-Natural Hip & Joint Supplement for Dogs
Some joint supplements that are made with cheap ingredients either don't work or can cause more harm to your dog than good. If you are searching for an all-natural joint supplement for your canine friend, Infinite All-Natural Hip & Joint supplement is for you.
There are no harmful additives or ingredients added to Infinite All-Natural Supplement and everything is made with the highest ethical scrutiny in a GMP certified facility in the USA. It uses a blend of organic and human-grade ingredients, providing the best possible treatment for your dog. Infinite All-Natural Hip & Joint is also approved by vets and backed by science, making it one of the top-rated all-natural joint supplements for dogs.
This supplement was developed by Dr Lan Stern based on clinical data to maximize safety and effectiveness.The unique blends of glucosamine, chondroitin, MSM, and organic turmeric curcumin combined help to create a synergistic healing effect so your furry friend get a pain relief faster.
Though turmeric is not normally seen in a dog vitamin or supplement, it's added to combat pain, inflammation, and stiffness associated with arthritis. Organic turmeric is not only the most powerful natural anti-inflammatory, it also helps improve heart health, detoxifies liver, relieves allergies, kills parasites, and helps with a host of other ailments.
Unlike other brands, Infinite All-Natural Supplement For Dogs uses glucosamine sulfate, which is suggested to be more effective than the glucosamine hydrochloride variant. Each tablet is in a chewable form favored with beef liver which makes it super easy to administer to your furry friend.
It's powerful formula is suitable for dogs of any breed, size and age. If you're serious about your dog's health, I highly encourage you to give your dog Infinite All-Natural Hip & Joint a try. Since it comes with an unconditional 100% lifetime money back guarantee, you don't have to worry about losing your money if you're not happy with the results of the supplement.
If that's not enough you'll also like that it comes with a free eBook "10 Natural Detoxes for Your Dog." This allows you to holistically care for your pet dog with these 10 simple detox strategies. As you can see, you are getting a lot of bang for your buck!
Currently, there are 1746 reviews on Amazon and many pet owners have had great results with this supplement. If you want to see what other happy pet owners are saying about Infinite All-Natural Supplement, click below:
Amazon's Customer Ratings: 4.2 stars (1,740 Customer Reviews)
- All-natural ingredients
- Free of artificial flavors
- Contains organic and Human-grade ingredients
- Lifetime money back guarantee
- Contains organic turmeric
- Suitable for all dogs
- Chewable beef liver flavored treat for easy administration
- Free eBook
- Made in the USA in a GMP Certified Facility
- Approved by vets
- Slightly lower levels of joint friendly ingredients than other brands
- Complaints of flavor not appealing to some dogs
8. GlycoFlex 3 Hip and Joint Support for Dogs
GlycoFlex 3 is a part of the three stage supplement for dogs. GlycoFlex 3 is great for dogs needing a maximum joint and connective tissue support. It's best suited to dogs suffering from mild to moderate joint issues, highly active dogs, senior dogs and those recovering from orthopedic surgery. This formula offers higher levels of glucosamine and MSM for superior joint care and manganese, vitamin C and glutathione for better absorption and immune support.
GlycoFlex also contains a ingredient that's not usually found in other brands. And that is their signature ingredient Perna canaliculus. Perna is a whole food green lipped mussel sourced from New Zealand which helps provide the building blocks for cartilage and synovial fluid. This is necessary in keeping your dog's joints cushioned and lubricated so they can move more freely without pain. Green lipped mussel also provides essential omega fatty acids, glucosamine and amino acids that are essential for healthy bones.
The manufacture also conducted a study and found that their supplements have shown to increase hind leg strength by 41 percent in just 4 weeks. This ensures you are getting an all-natural quality product that your dog will benefit from. GlycoFlex 3 supplements are bite-sized soft chews that are naturally flavored with delicious real chicken. Even finicky dogs will come running for the delicious soft chews.
GlycoFlex is made for small, medium, and large dogs. It's also available in stage 1 and stage 2. Stage 1 (GlycoFlex 1) is suitable for growing and active dogs. Stage 2 (GlycoFlex 2) provides the right joint support for working, agility and competitive dogs, especially if they are just starting their active lifestyle.
If you need help choosing the right supplement for you dog, with the help of your veterinarian, they will be able to help you choose the stage that suits the best for your dog’s need.
Currently, there are 1,867 customer reviews on Amazon and majority of the users have reported that GlycoFlex 3 has made a significant difference in their dog's discomfort and mobility. If you want to see what other happy dog owners are saying about this product, click to read below:
Amazon's Customer Ratings: 4.4 stars (1,868 Customer Reviews)
- Natural ingredients
- Includes Vitamin C and selenium
- Delicious chicken flavored bite-size chews for easy administration
- Provides maximum joint health
- Contains high levels of glusosamin, MSM, and Perna canaliculus
- Recommended by veterinarians
- Made in the USA
- Clinically Proven to increase hind leg strength in dogs by up to 41% in 1 month
- Contains no Chondroitin
- Reports of chews being hard so some dogs may struggle to chew into these treats
- This product is less helpful for dogs suffering from severe arthritis
- Reports of flavor not appeal to some pets
9. Health Solutions Joint MAX Triple Strength Soft Chews
Pet Health Solutions Joint Max Triple Strength is recommended to help keep your dog's joint healthy and fully function so they can stay active like dogs are meant to. It can be used as a stand-alone supplement or along with other medication for joint pain.
Each two Joint Max Triple Strength Soft Chews contain 1000 mg glucosamine HCl, 600 mg MSM, 400 mg creatine monohydrate, 150 mg chondroitin sulfate, 12 mg manganese, 50 mg Vitamin C, 50 IU vitamin E, and 36 mg omega fatty acids.
- Glucosamine helps keep up the health of your dog's cartilage, which is the rubbery tissue that cushions bones at your dog's joints. But as your dog gets older, their levels of this compound also begin to drop, which leads to the gradual breakdown of the joint. Supplements that contain glucosamine can help counteract this effect.
- Methylsulfonylmethane or MSM is an organic form of sulfur. It plays an important role in making collagen and glucosamine, both of which are vital for healthy bones and joints. It has anti-inflammatory properties and also acts as an analgesic by lessening nerve impulses that transmit pain.
- Chondroitin is a substance that occurs naturally in the connective tissues of people and animals. It's needed to help the body maintain fluid and flexibility in the joints. It does that by absorbing water to keep the cartilage hydrated and cushioned.
- Vitamin C helps repair and construct cartilage to keep your dog active and happy. It play a significant role in the overall health of your dog and their joints.
- Creatine supports stamina, endurance, and normal muscle recovery.
- Omega-3 fatty acids, like EPA & DHA help ease joint stiffness by cushioning tissues.
You will love that all these ingredients work together to help lubricate, cushion, and support your dog's cartilage, connective tissues, and bones. So your dog can stay active longer and happier.
If your dog has food sensitivities or food allergies, this is the product canine lovers must consider. The reason I say that is because Joint Max uses hypoallergenic formula that's free of 9 most common dog allergens including beef, corn, soy, wheat, dairy, chicken, lamb, rabbit, and egg. These chews are great for dogs of any size. You can give it to older or middle-aged large dogs or smaller dogs. The soft chews make it easy to split in half for smaller dogs.
Joint Max Triple Strength Soft Chews are also NASC certified, which means it meets all the quality and safety standards set by the National Animal Supplement Council (NASC). With that being said, this ensures that you are getting one of the high quality supplements for your dog.
They also offer a money back guarantee. This is just another reason to love this product. So you can give it a try without worrying about wasting your money if you dog ends up not liking it.
As you can see there's a lot to love about this Joint Max Triple Strength Soft Chews. In fact, there're over 900 reviews on Amazon and almost all are overwhelmingly positive. If you want to see what other customers are saying about this product, click below to learn more:
Amazon's Customer Ratings: 4.5 stars (917 Customer Reviews)
- Veterinarian recommended
- Hypoallergenic formula
- Some dogs think chews are treats, making them easy to give
- Economical compared to other similar products
- Effective product for dog joint problems
- Added vitamins for healthier joints and pain relief
- Excellent amount of glucosamine, MSM, and chondrotin for greater joint benefits
- Soft chew makes it easier to administer
- Money back guarantee
- Made is the USA in a FDA and USDA approved facility
- Noticeable improvement in a few weeks
- Reports of dog owners saving thousands of dollars on surgeries, thanks to this product
- Reports of flavor not appealing to dogs
- Reports of dog having horrible gas but goes away after a couple of weeks.
10. Zesty Paws Hip & Joint Mobility Bites
Zesty Paws Hip & Joint Mobility Bites is another great quality product specifically formulated with a blend of nourishing ingredients of OptiMSM, glucosamine, and Chondroitin to help reduce soreness, inflammation and arthritis in dogs. This is a great choice for owners of aging canines.
The optiMSM you get with this product is not just regular MSM. OptiMSM is a GRAS-designated MSM that undergoes a multi-stage distillation process. You can rest assured that you are getting the MSM with 99.9% purity for premium hip and joint support. The product is also manufactured in the USA in a NSF and GMP-certified FDA-registered facilities. This ensures that you are getting a product that is consistently produced and controlled according to quality standards.
At 400 mg per tablet, OptiMSM helps to support your dog's overall health and hips, while also lubricating and cushioning your dog's joints. All of these powerful ingredients combined help to shorten the joint stress recovery time so your four-legged companion can regain that spring in their step to enjoy an active and happy lifestyle.
Aside from the joint friendly ingredients, each chew also contains yucca extract. It's a plant-based source of saponins which has been shown to encourage more mobility, flexibility, and range of motion for your beloved dog. It also promotes heart health and immune support so your dog can stay happy and healthy. The tablets are chewable and duck flavored that your dog will love.
If you are worried about wasting your money when this product fails to work, then you will love that this company offers a 100% lifetime money-back guarantee. So no money is wasted if you are not 100% satisfied with their product.
Currently, there are almost 800 reviews on Amazon and almost every dog owner has left a positive feedback. If you want to see what other dog owners are saying about this product, click below:
Amazon's Customer Ratings: 4.7 stars (793 Customer Reviews)
- Recommended by veterinarians
- Soft chews for easy administration
- Contains optiMSM
- Delicious duck flavored
- Made in FDA-registered facilities
- 100% lifetime guarantee
- Great customer support
- Nourishing ingredients to help dogs move comfortably
Reports of some dogs not liking the duck flavor
What can MSM Do For Your Dog?
MSM is a popular ingredient found in many supplements to support canine joint health. It's an organic sulfur that's found naturally in foods, plants, animals, and humans. Foods that contain MSM include broccoli, onions, sprouts, cabbage, asparagus, fish and chicken. MSM is important because it helps the body to use vitamins and other essential nutrients more efficiently. It's also an antioxidant as it helps to clean the blood stream and eliminate toxins from the cells.
As dogs advance in age, the concentration of MSM in their body also begins to decrease. When dog's body becomes deficient in biological sulfur, it can result in less than optimal functioning of the body. As a result, your beloved friend may develop skin problems and joint pain. Other deficiencies associated with lack of MSM in your dog's body include poor immune system, gastrointestinal problems, dull fur, and decreased energy level.
The benefits of giving MSM supplement to your dog are:
- Increases energy
- Enhances overall mobility
- Facilitates positive canine behavior
- Reduces signs and symptoms of inflammation
- Joint and connective tissue support
- Relief of pain as a result of arthritis, hip dysplasia, and joint problems (MSM can aslo be given together with glucosamine and other joint friendly ingredients)
- Maintenance of healthy skin and hair because MSM helps the body form keratin
- Relief of some allergy symptoms by allowing allergens to be removed from the body more quickly
Do All Dogs Need MSM?
The therapeutic dosage for dogs is about 50 to 100 mg MSM per 10 pounds of the dog's body weight. Supplemental MSM may be helpful in the treatment of the various dog health problems such as arthritis, hip dysplasia and other joint problems.
Generally speaking, if your dog is consumes mostly natural raw diet, then they should be able to get natural MSM in their diet. However, dogs who are on commercial pet food should be supplemented with MSM since MSM is easily destroyed by cooking and during storage.
If you prefer to rely on getting sulfur from natural food sources, it's important to make sure your dog’s diet is raw and organic to help keep as much of the naturally occurring sulfur intact as possible.
Is MSM Safe For Dogs?
MSM is safe and it’s considered to be no more toxic than water. You do not have to worry about harming the health of your dog. Nevertheless, your pet may experience mild side effects such as vomiting and diarrhea, but don’t worry, these are actually normal and natural detoxification process.
These symptoms indicate a healing crisis, which means your pet's body is adjusting in a healing way due to a sudden availability of oxygen and nutrients to the cells in their body.They will disappear as your dog's body acclimatizes and stabilizes itself. It is advisable to administer MSM supplement to your dog with food to help decrease gastrointestinal upsets.
Are you ready to buy the MSM supplement for your dog's needs? Now that you’ve looked at the different MSM supplement, the pros and cons of each product, you should be able to choose the one that best suits your pet's needs.
As a pet owner, it's important that you make sure the supplement you give to your dog is the best. Giving your beloved dog the right joint supplement should help prevent rapid deterioration of your dog's articular health while reducing aches and pains and provide them with a higher quality of life.
The most important thing to remember is always to consult with your vet when you’re assessing dosage as your vet will be able to provide tailored medical advice for your dog's needs.
I hope you enjoyed the article and found it helpful. If you have any questions, concerns, or thoughts. Don’t hesitate to leave them in the comments below or email me at email@example.com and I will get back to you as soon as I can.
Have your dog used any of the MSM supplements mentioned above? If yes, how’s your dog's experience with it? I would love to hear what you have to share. Feel free to share your story in the comments below.