If you’ve been reading my blog, you know I’ve written many articles about organic sulfur.
I’ve been taking organic sulfur since 2016. Today, I still enjoy the many great benefits of organic sulfur. Check out my story on how this mineral transformed my health.
Organic sulfur has not only transformed my health but also provided great arthritis relief for my father and greatly improved my mother’s heart condition.
Today, my parents are no longer taking prescriptions drugs. They are in a much better state of health than they have been for years. I am so grateful of what organic sulfur has done for me and my family. Everyday I can’t thank enough of this amazing mineral.
If you are taking organic sulfur, I hope you are still enjoying many of its amazing benefits.
If you are not experiencing the benefits of organic sulfur or you are not receiving as much benefits as you used to, you could be falling into one of the reasons listed below.
In this post I will explain 6 common reasons why you are not experiencing the benefits of organic sulfur.
- Not drinking enough water
- Drinking chlorinated or fluoridated water
- Taking sulfur at the same time as other medications
- Not taking enough sulfur or only take one dose
- Taking pill or powder form of organic sulfur
- Showering right after taking organic sulfur
Reasons You Are Not Experiencing the Benefits of Organic Sulfur
1. Not Drinking Enough Water
Cellular regeneration and detoxification are closely linked with our body’s ability to transport oxygen across the cell
In order for cellular regeneration and detoxification to occur, two things are needed.
Firstly, there must be a sufficient availability of oxygen (The oxygen I am talking about is from the water we drink, not from the air we breathe).
Secondly, oxygen must be transported into the body cells (This can be accomplished by taking organic sulfur).
Sulfur is an oxygen transport mineral. Its job is to transport the oxygen molecules into your cells. Once sulfur is done transporting oxygen, it then reacts and binds to the toxins it finds and excretes them out of your body through the gastrointestinal system.
Without organic sulfur, oxygen molecules can’t be transported across the cell membrane and put into the cells to do any good.
Just keep in mind that water provides oxygen, and sulfur helps to transport oxygen into cells. They work synergistically to help the body detox and regenerate cells.
How much water should you drink per day?
I use the rule of 1 liter of water per 50 lbs of body weight per day.
1 Liter = 33.814 Fluid Ounce
1 Liter = 1.05669 Fluid Quart
A typical glass holds about 8 ounces of water. Therefore, four 8-ounce glasses are about one liter.
For example, a person weights 100 lbs should drink about 2 liters, 2 quarts, or eight 8-ounce glasses of water per day.
2. Drinking Chlorinated or Fluoridated Water
If you drink chlorinated or fluoridated water, it will drastically reduce the effectiveness of sulfur.
Chlorine and fluoride are detrimental to oxygen transport, they will block the cellular uptake of oxygen, making sulfur less useful.
How to remove chlorine from tap water?
Chlorine is a gas. It readily evaporates when left open to air.
Simply leave water in a container with a large opening and cover it with a cloth to keep it free of dust, let it sit at room temperature for 24 hours and chlorine will dissipate into the air.
The advantage of this method is it’s inexpensive, but it takes a long time.
If you prefer this method. I recommend that you get two containers with large openings, which you can rotate.
Boil the water
Another inexpensive method to dechlorinate water is to boil the water for about 15 to 20 minutes. This method is definitively much faster than the previous method.
One disadvantage of boiling water is it only removes chlorine. If your water is treated with chloramine instead of chlorine, boiling the water will NOT remove chloramine.
Chloramines are a combination of chlorine and ammonia. It stays active much longer than chlorine, which is why some water treatment facilities have started using chloramine instead of chlorine.
To find out whether your water is treated with chlorine or chloramine, make sure to contact your local water supplier for information on your water.
A water filter is an effective way to remove both chlorine and chloramine from tap water along with many other impurities and contaminants. There are many different water filters available and the quality also varies greatly. There are pros and cons to each water filter. I encourage that you do your research.
Here is an article that explains the pros and cons of different water filters.
How to remove fluoride from tap water?
Most water filters are designed to eliminate contaminants, but NOT all will effectively remove fluoride from tap water. Water filters such as Brita, Pur, and other common filters will NOT remove fluoride.
There are three types of filters that can eliminate fluoride from your tap water:
Reverse Osmosis Filtration System
- Reverse osmosis uses pressure and a semi-permeable membrane to remove contaminants from water. This system can eliminate as much as 95% fluoride in your water.
- Activated alumina is a highly processed manufactured material including alumina. With activated alumina, water passes through a bed of aluminum granules. The granules absorb the contaminants, remove about 90 percent of fluoride, and leave the minerals in the water.
- Deionizing is the removal of all ionized minerals and salts (both organic and inorganic) from water through the process of ion exchange. This eliminates contaminants and fluoride, leaving behind clean and pure water, similar to distilled water. If you want to use deionized water, make sure you add your own minerals, using Himalayan salt or Dr Willard’s Water or something else.
3. Taking Sulfur at The Same Time as Other Medications
If you take sulfur with medications, supplements, or vitamins, the fillers and anti-caking agents in the pills and capsules will reduce sulfur’s effectiveness.
I recommend that you take organic sulfur first and wait 30 minutes before taking anything else. It’s best that you take sulfur on an empty stomach, so nothing interferes with its full utilization in the body.
4. Not Taking Enough Sulfur or Only Take One Dose
If you are not taking enough organic sulfur or only take one dose. You may not experience significant benefits of organic sulfur.
The general guide after acclimatization is to take 1 teaspoon of sulfur per 100 lbs of body weight twice daily.
I recommend taking the first dose early in the morning (7 or 8 am), and then the second dose about 9 hours later (4 or 5 pm), preferably on an empty stomach, so nothing interferes with sulfur’s full utilization in the body.
Here are an article and a video that explain how to take organic sulfur in detail.
5. Taking Pill or Powder Form of Organic Sulfur
Most organic sulfur products that come in the form of pills and capsules that contain silica, fillers, flow agents, and binders can block sulfur absorption, which will make sulfur less effective.
According to West Coast Organic Sulfur Project, it estimated that 70% of organic sulfur products that are available on the market are imported from China and India where quality could be a concern.
When choosing for an organic sulfur product, make sure you look for large crystals for maximum effect. It is also important that you buy organic sulfur products that are made in North America.
I’ve personally tried many sulfur products. From pill form to powder form. I found gold standard organic sulfur by far the purest, safest and most effective. It’s the highest quality and purity sulfur on the market. It’s American made that is free of fillers, anti-caking additives, and binders.
Please check out my gold standard organic sulfur review for more information.
6. Showering Right After Taking Organic Sulfur
I recommend taking shower about 5 hours after taking organic sulfur. If you shower right after or within 5 hours of taking organic sulfur, the chlorine in the shower water will deactivate sulfur.
The chlorine exposure is far beyond your drinking water. In fact, inhalation and skin exposure intake of chlorine is much higher than drinking it.
When you take a warm bath or shower, the warm water can open up the pores in the skin and cause your skin to become like a sponge.
According to Dr. Mercola, you can absorb more chlorine in a 10-minute shower than by drinking 8 full glasses of the same water.
In this case, chlorine is completely bypassing your body’s natural detoxification processes and enters directly into your bloodstream, which is especially dangerous.
While taking a hot shower, you are also inhaling the water vapor that contains chlorine. The steam inhaled during a shower can contain up to 20 times the concentration of chlorine as compared to water from the tap.
How to remove chlorine from shower water?
There are several ways to eliminate chlorine and its hazardous derivatives from your shower water.
- Shower filters are widely available and easy to use. They help to remove chlorine and heavy metals such as lead, mercury, and chromium. Here is a good one to try.
Vitamin C Powder
- Vitamin C is not only a great immune booster, it also will effectively and safely neutralize chlorine and chloramine from shower water. There are two forms of vitamin C, Ascorbic Acid, and Sodium Ascorbate.
- You can use a powder form of ascorbic acid or use a Vitamin C shower filter, either one will work.
- If you use the powder form, add one teaspoon of either form of Vitamin C to your bath water and wait for about three minutes before you get in the bath so it has time to work.
- I recommend this Ascorbic Acid brand and this Sodium Ascorbate brand.
- If you are interested, here is an article that explains the chemical reaction of chlorine and vitamin C.
Vitamin C Dechlorination Tablet
- Vitamin C Dechlorination tablet will neutralize chlorine and chloramines in your bath water.
- These tablets are comprised of ascorbic acid, citric acid, and sodium bicarbonate.
- As the tablet dissolves, the vitamin C will become effervescent and begin to fizz.
- One tablet can fully neutralize 1 ppm chlorine and chloramine in 100 gallons of water. One tablet is recommended per bath.
There you have it. The six common reasons why you are not experiencing the benefits of organic sulfur and solutions for each.
In order to get the most out of your organic sulfur, it is critical that you taking it correctly and avoid these common reasons.
I hope this information was helpful and useful.
If you liked and enjoyed this article, I would really appreciate it if you could kindly share it.
Please feel free to ask me any questions about any of the contents I’ve created on my website. I will respond as soon as I can.
Leave me a comment if you like or dislike the article.
Thank you for visiting.
Have a wonderful day!